decades, Fairchild Imaging has remained dedicated to providing
strategic advantages to our electronic imaging OEM customers in
various scientific markets, including biotechnology, microscopy,
astronomy and spectroscopy.
Because high resolution
plays such a crucial role in scientific imaging, Fairchild Imaging
continues to be the pre-eminent industry provider of extremely
high-resolution solutions from the x-ray through the near infrared.
Our product architecture spans from the small
format (256 x 256) CCD to our wafer scale 6cm x 6cm (4k x 4k)
devices to our largest area array to date, the 8cm
x 8cm (9,216 x 9,216) devices. All of these CCDs have been designed to provide the
highest performance available. Many of these devices are available in back-illuminated
configurations to maximize QE performance when required.
In addition to our large area high-performance
imagers, Fairchild Imaging also develops and manufactures a range
of cooled scientific cameras for sophisticated optical and
x-ray imaging applications in life science, lab and process
automation and material analysis.
These systems feature:
- High-performance readout electronics to minimize readout noise
- Deep thermoelectric or cryogenic cooling to minimize dark noise
- High-speed multiport readout for superior speed and sensitivity
- Large imagers for high optical throughput
Fairchild Imaging is particularly adept at x-ray and electron imaging. Our skill bonding the world's largest fiber optic tapers (200-mm) to the world's large CCDs provides our customers with an uncompromising combination of field-of-view, resolution and sensitivity. Select the Condor family of fiber-coupled CCD cameras with a range of scintillators and fiber-optic sizes to customize a detector for your application.
In the optical regime, Fairchild Imaging continues to set the
high-performance standard with the world's largest back-illuminated
CCDs integrated in a number of camera configurations. For a cost-effective
solution for high-resolution imaging choose the Harrier. If your
application is photon starved, choose the Peregrine family of cooled
CCD cameras for the utmost in optical sensitivity.
Count on Fairchild Imaging to be your premier provider of scientific
cameras and large area focal plane arrays.
The most prominently used devices for scientific applications are listed below:
- CCD 442A: Cost effective 2048
x 2048 front-illuminated full frame imager
- CCD 447: Workhorse 2048 x 2048
full frame sensor with two high-speed and two high-sensitivity
outputs available in either front- or back-illuminated configurations
- CCD 485: Cost effective 4096
x 4097 front-illuminated full frame sensor
- CCD 486: Flagship scientific
CCD with 4096 x 4097 pixels, four low-noise amplifiers, available
in either front- or back-illuminated configurations
- Peregrine™ 3041 : 2k x 2k, cooled, front- or back-illuminated
- Peregrine™ 486: 4k x 4k, cooled, front- or back-illuminated
- Peregrine™ 486SX : 4k x 4k, cooled, front- or back-illuminated
- Harrier™ 447: 2k x 2k, uncooled, front-illuminated
- Condor™ 486:90: 4k x 4k, 1:1 straight fiber-optic faceplate
- Condor™ 486:135: 4k x 4k, 135-mm fiber-optic taper (1.5:1)
- Condor™ 486:200: 4k x 4k, 200-mm fiber-optic taper (2.2:1)
- Condor™ 486EF: 4k x 4k, 1:1 external fiber-optic